Among the many items that are required to be submitted to the SBA, with your 8(a) Application, you will need to supply a listing of client work performed, copies of contracts/agreements, invoices and letters of reference.
These items will allow the SBA to determine:
1. If you have any economic dependence issues.
2. That your primary NAICS code identified within your 8(a) application submission is correct.3. Who is signing or has signed the contracts/agreements within your organization to determine if any unconditional control issues may exist or if there is someone else that, not identified, may be a considered a key officer/employee.
4. If you are performing on these contracts to the satisfaction of your clients.
Client Listings Worksheet:
You must supply the SBA with a detailed listings of all work performed by your business for the following periods:
a. Beginning of current year through the most recently completed month end.
b. The last three years.
c. Breakdown of all contracts/revenues earned within the last 12 months.
The client listings worksheet provided to the SBA should contain the following information:
a. NAICS Code for work performed
b. Award date of contract/agreement
c. Customer name (billable client)d. Brief description of work performed for client.
e.Total dollar value of contract/agreement
f. Revenue earned in each period specified above. You should separate out the revenue for the current year, and each of the last three years individually for each client.
You may have to supply the SBA with a copy of all contracts/agreements and invoices earned within the last 12 months. Make sure that all contracts are signed by all parties and contain all pages.
The SBA will examine these contracts to determine if the primary NAICS code indicated is correct and also to see if someone other than the applicant is signing and executing these contracts on behalf of your company.
Need assistance with your 8(a) Application?
With 20 years and over 3,000 successful applications under our belt, we can assure you that no matter which option you choose, Cloveer will work harder and faster to get your business SBA 8a certified. Contact us today at 813-333-5800 or visit our website at www.cloveer.com to discover what Cloveer can do for you. We also offer these options for further assistance in completing your 8(a) Application.
Option 1 – 8(a) Application Review
- For those who wish to complete the application on their own we offer an 8(a) Application Review service. Here, one of our 8a program experts will review your entire application, checking it for missing documents and potential eligibility issues. We will then advise you as to how best to modify your application to ensure it will be approved an SBA reviewer.
Option 2 – 8a Application Completion Service
- The majority of our clients however, prefer a little more of a hands-on approach. They recognize the expertise we have accumulated in the over 20 years we’ve been assisting clients obtain 8(a) certification, and want us to put it to use for them. If you opt for our 8(a) Application Completion Service, we will work one-on-one with you to ensure that your 8(a) Application is 100% complete and compliant so the SBA can review and accept it the first time.