Below is the typical HUBZone Application timeline including how to interpret any messages you receive from the SBA after submitting your HUBZone Application.
|Step||Message From SBA||Details||Length of Time|
|Application Submitted||Your Application has been submitted, but not authorized for processing.||You should receive and email||Nominal. As long as it takes for you to check your email and authorize the application.|
|Received||You authorized your HUBZone Application, but is not complete until SBA requests and receives all supporting documents. Do not send any supporting documents prior to the SBA’s formal request. After you receive the SBA’s formal request, you have 10 business days to submit all of the requested documents. If you need an extension, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the SBA receives your supporting documents, your HUBZone case will be assigned to a SBA reviewer. SBA may decline your application if any of the supporting documents are not received on or before the submission date.||The day that you authorized the HUBZone application is your electronic verification date. This is the date that all of your supporting documents must cover.||Typically 7-14 days.|
|On Hold Documents||Your application is on hold awaiting additional information or documentation.||After you submit the supporting documents, your application status may still show this message until your application is assigned to a SBA reviewer||Typically 1-4 weeks.|
|First Level Review||Your application has been assigned to an SBA analyst and is under first level review.||Your first level reviewer may or may not request additional documentation from you. If additional documentation is required, your status may reverse back to On Hold Documents||Typically 3-5 weeks.|
|Second Level Review||Your application is under second level review.||The first level review is complete and is being reviewed by a second set of eyes.||Typically 1-3 weeks.|
|Final Review||Your application is under final review.||Final review will end with a final agency decision||Typically 2-4 weeks.|
(One or the other will occur)
|Your application has been declined. You can view the details in your online correspondence history.||If your firm is declined, you may reapply after 90 days. There is no reconsideration of HUBZone Applications. The decision to approve or decline is the final agency decision||Complete – Determination rendered|
|Your application has been approved. You can view the details in your online correspondence history.||Congratulations.|
Special Statuses not listed above
|Step||Message From SBA||Details||Length of Time|
|Size Review||Your application was forwarded to SBA’s Area Size Office for additional review.||Some HUBZone Applications require a review by a SBA size specialist. Additional information may be requested by the SBA size Specialist.||Varies|
|Legal Review||Your application was forwarded to SBA’s Office of General Counsel for a legal review.||Some HUBZone Application require a review by an SBA attorney. Additional information may be requested by the SBA.||Varies|
|Withdrawn||Your application has been withdrawn.||You may reapply at any time.||Complete|
|No Authorization Received – Withdrawn||Your application was automatically withdrawn because no one from your firm authorized it for processing.||You failed to follow the Received Step above.||Complete|
|System Rejected||Your application was rejected because according to your responses in the online application, your firm does not meet the HUBZone Eligibility requirements.||Check your responses within your online application||Complete|
Need assistance with your HUBZone Application?
1. We live and breath HUBZone Certification!
- We keep up to date on all of the latest daily SBA HUBZone Program changes.
- We have a detailed understanding of the current SBA HUBZone Regulations.
2. We have a very strong success rate!
- We maintain a success rate of over 99% for clients we pre-qualify.
- We have assisted hundreds of small businesses to achieve and maintain their HUBZone Program Certification.
- We have real references to back up our success rate, that you can contact.
3. We have 15+ years of experience within the HUBZone Program!
- All services performed are by Cloveer employees, not outside contractors, like some of our competitors.
- Our principals (Rick and Monica Otero) worked in their family’s 8(a) Certified business. It was one of the country’s most successful 8(a), high-tech, information technology and electronics concerns. It was recognized for five consecutive years as one of the fastest growing companies in the nation, by Inc. Magazine
4. We won’t waste your time!
- We pre-qualify all potential clients for our full HUBZone Application Service. We are not interested in wasting your time or ours if you do not qualify.
- When you as a question, you will get a straight answer with no double talk.
- Even if you don’t qualify currently we will identify the workaround to your specific issue(s) so you can apply down the road.
5. We believe in Customer Service!
- We believe in treating every client with respect they deserve as a small business.
- Our service agreements guarantee protection of their confidential information.
- All information provided to us is protected on our secure services and will never be shared with anyone.
Finally. We are the best HUBZone Program consultant that is available on the market. The others just try to emulate us.
Visit the Cloveer HUBZone Website or call us at 813-333-5800 for more information.