Every individual claiming disadvantage status, as well as each officer, director, partner, member, key employee or holder of 10% or more ownership interest in the firm applying for the 8(a) Program must submit a detailed personal resume.
Here are 10 important tips to make sure these individual’s resume contain all information required by the SBA.
1. Make sure that all employment information on the resume matches any W-2 Forms submitted with your 8(a) Application.
2. Explain any gaps in employment. If previously unemployed, state that for the gap of employment on the resume. All gaps of employment, regardless, must be explained.
3. Ensure the resume clearly outlines the respective title of the individual and corresponds with all other pertinent information contained with the 8(a) Application. Examples (all 8(a) electronic application forms, organizational chart, contracts, taxes, etc.)
4. Fully explain all current and past employment management duties and responsibilities. Not just technical duties. and responsibilities.
5. Provide a listing of all formal and informal education, courses and professional licenses or certifications. Including any major study areas in which may be applicable to your primary industry you are seeking 8(a) Certification for
6. Note any past ownership in any other business. This includes ownership in a business for holding real estate.
7. Ensure that resume for the individual claiming disadvantage status is the highest ranking officer and notes that they run the day to day operations of the business.
8. Ensure that the resume for anyone other the individual claiming disadvantage status does not indicate that they can cause negative control with the applicant firm.
9. If anyone received a W-2 from any source, other than the applicant firm, in the most recent tax year, provide a letter from each employer indicating their final date of employment to prove full time devotion.
10. Check the resumes one last time before submitting to make sure items 1-9 above have been completed.
Need assistance with your 8(a) Application? With 14 years and over 2,000 successful applications under our belt, we can assure you that no matter which option you choose, Cloveer will work harder and faster to get your business SBA 8a certified. Contact us today at 813-333-5800 or visiting our website at www.cloveer.com to discover what Cloveer can do for you. We also offer these options for further assistance in completing your 8(a) Application.
Option 1 – 8(a) Application Review
- For those who wish to complete the application on their own we offer an 8(a) Application Review service. Here, one of our 8a program experts will review your entire application, checking it for missing documents and potential eligibility issues. We will then advise you as to how best to modify your application to ensure it will be approved an SBA reviewer.
Option 2 – 8a Application Completion Service
- The majority of our clients however, prefer a little more of a hands-on approach. They recognize the expertise we have accumulated in the over 14 years we’ve been assisting clients obtain 8(a) certification, and want us to put it to use for them. If you opt for our 8(a) Application Completion Service, we will work one-on-one with you to ensure that your 8(a) Application is 100% complete and compliant so the SBA can review and accept it the first time.