The FPDS contains historical information on contracts whose estimated value is $3,000 or more.
To gain access to this system you must register. Registration is free.
The FPDS allows you to drill down deep within the data inputted into the system and can provide you valuable information to help in your Federal Marketing efforts.
For example, you can perform the following searches within the system.
1. How much did a specific federal agency spend in the most recently government fiscal year or past years using 8(a), HUBZone or Women-Owned Small Business as the set-aside method.
2. How many 8(a) actions or contracts were awarded within a specific agency. You can also drill down to a specific department, office or region within the agency.
3. Detailed information on the awarded contract such as:
- The solicitation number
- Date signed or completed
- Type of contract
- NAICS code
- Product or Service Description
- Place of Performance (City, State or Zip Code)
- Competition Information (8(a), HUBZone, Women-Owned, etc.)
- Name of Contractor
These are just a few of the parameters that you can search on within the FPDS. All of this information can give you a leg up on your competition by allowing you to narrow your marketing efforts to ferderal clients who have purchased your products and services.
Download a report (PDF) that shows the amount spent and the number of contracts awarded with each federal agency in FY 2011.
Here is a summary:
Number of Contracts: 117,343
Total Dollars Spent: $16,633,899,024.15
Number of Contracts: 318,937
Total Dollars Spent: $16,839,376,300.17
Number of Contracts: 91,717
Total Dollars Spent: $10,001,960,445.11