Though there is much more to 8a certification than meeting a few simple criteria, there are in fact some basic requirements that must be met to consider applying. If you are ready to begin the 8a application process, you will need to organize a lot of information. We at Cloveer know this can be daunting, so we’ve compiled an 8a certification checklist to help you make sure you’re on the right track. Take a look at this 8a checklist to see if you meet the basic eligibility requirements to qualify to apply for the 8a certification.
- Are you a U.S. citizen?
- Do you work full-time in the business without any outside employment?
- Do you hold the top management position of the business?
- Are you the highest compensated individual within the business?
- Do you have an adjusted net worth of less than $250,000?
- Did you as the applicant make less than $250,000 averaged over the last three tax years?
- If licenses are required to operate your business, do you hold them?
- Are you not currently on probation or parole, if you have ever been arrested?
- Has the business been operating with revenues for 2 full years as shown on its last two tax returns?
- Have you or your business satisfied any unpaid, federal, state or local obligations?
- Do you own at least 51% of the business which is applying?
- Does the business that is applying exhibit potential for success?
- Does the business earn 70% of its revenue from more than one client?
- Would you be a first time participant in the SBA 8a program?
- Do you own a small business?
If you answered “Yes” to each of the questions on the above 8a certification checklist, congratulations; you meet the basic requirements for 8a qualification. The next step in your 8a application is compiling your actual application documentation. As there is quite a bit of paperwork involved in this part of the application, we have developed an 8a Application Accelerator to help speed the process, and make sure you have everything you need.
8a Application Accelerator
For our clients who are comfortable navigating the SBA 8a application process with a little less help than most, we have conceived an easy-to-use 8a Application Accelerator. As the nation’s #1 selling 8a application completion tool, we guarantee that no other program makes the process faster or easier. This interactive, web-based program takes you step-by-step through the creation and compilation of all the documentation necessary to submit your SBA 8a certification application. Moreover, the tool shows you how to organize your 8a application in the preferred SBA format. Every item and area within your 8a application will be identified and separated using our proven method, so your SBA reviewer can find, review and approve your SBA 8a application fast.
For our clients who are too busy running their businesses to complete the application themselves, we understand you don’t have time to look over the 8a checklist and that you would rather have a group of trusted 8a program experts more involved in your application. Cloveer offers other services including an 8a Application Review, and for those who would like their entire 8a application completed and approved in record time, a full 8a Application Completion Service.
No matter which option you choose, Cloveer guarantees that no other company will work harder or faster to assist you in getting your business SBA 8a certified. We have been assisting clients to obtain their 8a certification and maintain their 8a program eligibility for over 10 years. As such, we know the SBA 8a program regulatory requirements, 8a standard operating procedures and Office of Hearings and Appeal cases that affect the 8a program better than 99.9% of anyone else out there.
At Cloveer, we believe in treating you the way we want to be treated. We go the extra mile to make sure your experience with our company is outstanding. Contact us today to discover what Cloveer can do for you.