By becoming SBA 8a Certified, your business concern will benefit by:
1) Having exclusive access to sole source/non-competitive and competitive set-aside federal contracts. Sole source/non-competitive contracts will be available to your business concern for federal contracts with a total value up to $4 million for services and up to $6.5 million for manufacturing. Federal contracts for 8a Certified firms that have a total contract value of more than $4 million for services and more than $6.5 million for manufacturing must be competed but only against other 8a Certified firms.
2) Limiting your potential competition. The big guys (e.g. Lockheed Martin, Turner Construction, etc.) will not have access to these federal contracts. In addition, there are less than 10,000 certified 8a business concerns currently participating in the 8a Program in the entire U.S.
3) Making you attractive to a larger federal government prime contractor. Since a business concern that is not considered small by SBA does not have access set-aside 8a contracts, you will be more attractive for teaming, joint ventures or mentor/protégé relationships.
4) Making it easier for your Federal client to purchase your products or services. 8a set-aside contracts require much less paperwork, time and bureaucracy. 8a contracts cannot be protested, only the size of the 8a participant can be questioned.
5) Getting you the contract/work faster. 8a contracts take much less time to be awarded than most other procurement methods.
Now that you know the primary benefits of becoming 8a Certified, what are waiting for? The key to getting successfully 8a certified is to get it done right the first time. We at Cloveer have assisted more than 2,000 business concerns to get through the tough 8a application process.