1. Visit the SAM.GOV web site. It contains thousands of active federal procurement’s. The web site can be found by visiting https://sam.gov/content/home
You can narrow down your search for 8a set-aside contract opportunities or set-up an account to automatically receive targeted opportunities via email. We suggest that you specifically look for 8a opportunities that are in the pre-solicitation or sources sought phase as most of the other phases are too far along in the procurement process already.
2. View each Federal agency’s long range acquisition forecast (LRAE). For example https://www.navsea.navy.mil/Business-Partnerships/LRAF/. Each major federal agency maintains a LRAE which identifies anticipated procurements upcoming that are over $100,000.
3. Contact each Federal agency’s OSDBU (Office of Small Disadvantaged Business Utilization) office. The OSDBU’s ensure that small and disadvantaged businesses are provided maximum practicable opportunity to participate in the agency’s contracting process. The primary responsibility of the OSDBU is to ensure that small businesses are treated fairly and have an opportunity to compete and be selected for a fair amount of the agency’s contracting and subcontracting dollars. You can find the contact information for each OSDBU office by visiting each Federal agency’s web site.
4. Visit the the SAM.GOV databank web site. It contains every federal procurement that has ever taken place. The web site can be found by visiting https://sam.gov/reports/awards/standard
You can search and find out which agency is buying your products or services, the names of your competitors who were awarded past contracts, their dollar value, location, NAICS code and more.
5. Finally, narrow down the Federal agencies who you want to do business with, find out who the contracting officers are, setup a face to face meeting, and market your products and services to them.
One thought on “5 Ways to Find 8a Contract Opportunities”
Excellent advice! My firm just got 8a certified. Will check out the links provided.